This popular Hakka Chinese cuisine menu dish is served in restaurants and made in homes across the globe. This vegetable Hakka noodle recipe is a great dish to serve for dinner and to loved-ones. Make sure you sauté over a hot flame and use a good-quality soya sauce and vinegar for the best tasting results.
Vegetable Hakka Noodles
Serves: 1 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 25 mins
- Individual Pack of Noodles
- 2 tbsp Spring Onions, White and Green separated
- 1 Carrot, chopped small or julienne
- 2-3 Beans, finely chopped (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp. Cabbage, finely shredded (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup Capsicum, chopped or julienne
- ½ – ¾ tbsp. Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp. White Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Chili Sauce
- ⅛ Pepper Powder
- Salt, to taste
- ¾ tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic, finely Chopped
- Bring water to a boil on the stove (roughly 3 to 4 cups), and add noodles. Cook until al dente, and make sure not to overcook to avoid them turning soggy.
- While the noodles cook, chop all of the vegetables (onions, carrots, beans, cabbage, mushrooms and capsicum) and garlic. Place them to the side for later.
- Mix together soya sauce, chili sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Put this to the side for later.
- Strain the noodles of water and rinse them using cold water in order to remove any remaining excess starch. A good trick, to keep the noodles from sticking, is to stir in a dash of oil.
- With the flame on high, add olive oil to the wok. Once hot, add your chopped garlic and fry until golden brown. Make sure to stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Add white spring onions, chopped carrots, beans and mushrooms. Fry together, until lightly done.
- Add capsicum and cabbage, sauté until half-cooked. They should retain some of their crunch. You don’t want to overcook and have soft soggy vegetables.
- Pour in your mixed bowl of sauces.
- Once the sauces begin to bubble, add in your strained noodles, green spring onions and pepper powder.
- Sauté in sauces for approximately two minutes, tossing and mixing the entire time to avoid burning.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Are you wanting to dine-out and enjoy some delicious Chinese cuisine including Hakka noodles? Exotic Wok and Grill on the Gold Coast, offers a unique Asian dining experience of sophisticated and high-quality Chinese cuisine. Our creative Chinese menu spans from Hakka Chinese to Cantonese style Chinese food.